At SAFEbuilt Studio, we know that an engaged public is essential to good community planning. Cities and towns only thrive when residents, businesses, and developers have opportunities to be invested and involved in the direction of their communities. Our public involvement activities and community planning workshops provide platforms for people to gather, learn, share, and grow—right along with the rest of their community.
Finding ways to engage a community and its widespread stakeholders in open dialogue isn’t easy, especially with competing demands on everyone’s time. By using a variety of techniques to supplement traditional workshops, including social media, websites, and online forums, SAFEbuilt Studio cultivates collaboration—making the process more interesting, informative, and engaging.
Whether the focus is land use, transportation, or special projects, we facilitate and coordinate effective community planning workshops and public involvement activities. We listen, document, and respond—capturing details and providing prompt follow-up to ensure your community gets the most out of the experience.
Every community has its intricacies and unique ways of navigating the planning process. So SAFEbuilt Studio draws from a variety of proven techniques, tailoring our approach to the specific needs of the client and the project. We work with communities to organize:
- Drop-in open houses
- Design workshops/charettes
- 3-D visualization
- Agency days
- Stakeholder interviews
- Traditional and web-based surveys
- Electronic polling
- Kidspeak and other events targeted at kids and young adults
- Facebook and other social media platforms
- Media relations
- Traditional town meetings and public hearings
- Public Workshop in a Box™ – our trademarked interactive (and fun) “homemade” meetings
Our team of creatives and innovators here at SAFEbuilt Studio are big fans of visuals (surprising, we know!). It’s how we get inspired, how we learn, and how we perfect what we do for our partner communities. Yet it’s also another approach we use to get the public involved in the planning process. With Geographic Information System (GIS) and 3-D visualization software and sketching, we create clear pictures of community plans to effectively analyze and display data that educates community stakeholders and helps us find the best solutions for each and every community.
Our GIS mapping and visualization applications can be integrated into all of our services. From master plans and zoning ordinances to access management plans and economic development, GIS and 3-D visualization are increasingly part of our comprehensive approach. Likewise, subarea planning benefits greatly from our ability to provide conceptual sketches, massing models, and fly-through visuals—all of which allow communities to fully understand and envision our planning ideas.
SAFEbuilt Studio’s innovative mapping and visualization experience includes:
- GIS-based, multiple-factor build-out analyses
- Highly accurate, interactive zoning and land use mapping
- Visualization of planning alternatives with high-resolution aerial photography
- Graphic sketches
- 3-D development modeling and geo-referenced visualization
- Spatial analysis of service areas and accessibility to community facilities
- Transportation alternatives mapping
- Land suitability analysis
- 3-D roadway cross-section alternatives visualization
Partnering with communities on the rise to help them become the best versions of themselves.