Please note that as of September 26, 2023, SAFEbuilt is no longer servicing the Town of Kenneth City.
Permit applications for Redington Beach and North Redington Beach can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payments can be made online through the contractor portal or by calling the office to make a payment over the phone.
The Towns of Redington and North Redington Beach Building Departments are staffed by SAFEbuilt, a private company dedicated to providing full-service building departments to municipalities throughout Florida. The Building Department provides building plan and site reviews and building inspections, per Florida Building Code. The plan review and inspection functions include all commercial and residential construction plan and site reviews, inspections of these structures while under construction, and the tracking and reporting of permits issued and completed inspections. The Building Department may also disseminate building code information and ADA Standards.
To Obtain a Building Permit
Visit the Contractor Registration & Permit Portal Access section.
Per Florida Statute 489.103(7)(a), if a homeowner is acting as their own contractor, one can obtain a permit for work on a single-family or two-family residence for the occupancy of such owners, as long as it is not listed for sale or lease. You can read the full statute here. We confirm all ownerships on the Pinellas County Property Appraiser website. If the property is in the name of an LLC or Trust, a contactor will be required to apply for the permit.
If this is your first time applying for a permit with our office, fill out the homeowner disclosure statement and building permit application found at the bottom of this page. Email your completed forms with any applicable plan review documents to email@example.com. Please provide 1-3 business days for processing. Once we have your application logged into our system, we will provide you with access to the online permit portal to track your submittal and pay the necessary permit fees.
If you are a returning homeowner applying for a permit at the same address, you can log into the permit portal to apply for a permit or email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Both the homeowner disclosure and completed permit application are required for each submittal whether applying via email or in the portal. If you obtained a new property that you need portal access to, please send an email to email@example.com.
Each permit is reviewed to comply with local land use designation, ordinances, the Florida Building Code, National Electrical Code, the National Fire Prevention Code, and the Energy Conservation Code. Planning & Zoning clearance and site plan review will be performed concurrent with the review of the building permit application.
After the permit is reviewed and approved, you will be notified when the permit is ready for issuance. You can also log into the permit portal to view the status of your application at any time. Payment can be made from the portal, at the office or over the phone. No cash payments can be accepted.
Current Codes Enforced
- 2020 (7th Edition) Florida Building Code, Plumbing, Mechanical, Gas, Residential, Existing Building, Energy Conservation Code, and 2017 National Electrical Code
- National Fire Prevention Code
- Any Town ordinance or State statute which affects building and development
- Any applications received on 1/1/24 will be under the new code cycle. These include the Florida Building Code (8th Edition) 2023 and National Electrical Code 2020. You can view the Florida Building Codes online for free here. The NFPA provides access to view the National Electrical code on their website for free here.
Commercial Fire Review
Commercial projects requiring fire safety inspections and plan review will be routed by… .
- Redington Beach: The Building Department to the City of Madeira Beach Fire Rescue Department
- North Redington Beach: The Building Department to the City of Seminole Fire Rescue Department
Contractor Registration & Permit Portal Access
Once your contractor registration form has been processed, users included on the form will receive a link to the portal via email. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Effective 7/13/20, our policy is to confirm that contractors are current with the PCCLB prior to the issuance of a permit. We no longer require you to submit individual insurance and license documents to our office.
- If this is your first time applying for a permit with our office, fill out the contractor registration form, contractor authorization form and building permit application, all found at the bottom of this page. Email your completed forms with your plan review documents to email@example.com. Please provide 1-3 business days for processing. Once we have your application logged into our system, we will provide you with access to the online permit portal to track your submittal and pay the necessary permit fees. (Note that each person listed on the Contractor Authorization Form will receive a link to access the portal, if different email addresses are provided.)
- If you are a returning contractor that has previously obtained portal access, you can log into the permit portal at https://app.communitycore.com to apply for a new permit and upload your submittal documents. A completed permit application is required to be uploaded even if you are applying online. If you do not prefer the portal, you can continue to email your application submittals to firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that the portal will give you visibility on all submittals under your company name, in addition to viewing plan review status, pay fees, request inspections and view inspection results.
- You can access the “How to Guides” available on this page for further instruction and help with utilizing your online account.
Permit fees are based on cost of construction or ICC valuation tables. Both Redington Beach and North Redington Beach have adopted the Pinellas County Fee Schedule. You can view the current fee schedule here.
Payment methods accepted:
- Credit or Debit Cards: Master Card, Visa, Discover. Please note there is a 4% processing fee for all credit card charges. Credit card payments can be made online through the contractor portal or over the phone.
- Business or Personal Checks
Work is allowed between the hours of 7 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Monday through Friday and 9 A.M. to 3 P.M Saturday. Please review the municode library at Redington Beach Code of Ordinances Part II Code for the Town of Redington Beach to become familiar with other Ordinances of the Town prior to applying for a permit or commencing work.
North Redington Beach
Work is allowed from 8 A.M. to 6 P.M., Monday through Saturday, but not on Sundays, Thanksgiving, or December 25th. Please review the municode library at North Redington Beach Code of Ordinances Part II Code to become familiar with other Ordinances of the Town of North Redington Beach to become familiar with other Ordinances of the Town prior to applying for a permit or commencing work.
To Schedule an Inspection
Inspections are typically performed Monday-Friday between 8:00am-noon. If you require an afternoon inspection, please contact the office directly to see what dates our inspector is available. To request an inspection please provide permit number, project address, type of inspection, and contact information by 3:00pm one business day prior to date of inspection via any contact method below. The permit card, approved plans (if applicable), all construction documents and any previously completed field inspection tickets must be available on the job site and accessible to the inspector. If you have questions as to what is required to be on the job site, please contact the office.
Redington Beach and North Redington Beach – Phone: (727) 202-6825 | email@example.com